Tamarind by Elegant Hotels
St. James, Barbados
Book with confidence
customer service feedback
Read reviews >
Location9.4/10Great location.Terrific location.
Service8.7/10Reception is decent, with overall friendly and professional service.Great service.
Breakfast8.3/10Tasty breakfast.Breakfast is good.
Value8.1/10Best value for money.Good value.
SAVE up to 35%
Book any room at Tamarind by Elegant Hotels for up to 35% discount on our all-inclusive room rates.
- Book by 31 Mar 20 for travel up to 2 Jan 22.
- Minimum stay: 3-7 nights, depending on travel dates.
- These offers are subject to availability and blackout dates may apply.
- Any prices shown include all applicable discounts.
- Prices shown are per person, based on total occupancy including children as any applicable discounts are spread across all persons.
Tamarind by Elegant Hotels is situated on the renowned west coast of Barbados in an area nicknamed “The Platinum Coast” because of the many top class resorts and wealthy home owners that are found there. They are not there by chance – the area has miles of clean, white, sandy beaches and coral reefs that come close to the shoreline.
This Mediterranean charm Caribbean spirited hotel offers its visitors luxurious and modern facilities. At the beach there is a wide variety of free water-based activities including snorkelling, boogie boards, kayaking, sailing, water-skiing, water tubing and water trampoline. Instruction in all of these sports is available for those who need it. Of course the beach is also great for swimming. The water is warm and safe and there is plenty of room for lounging on the sand or a sun chair afterwards. The spacious grounds along the seafront also boast daily bespoke activities for all from exercise classes such as yoga, pilates and aqua aerobics to beach BBQs and cocktail parties. Guests can also enjoy local walks and cultural tours.
The resort provides a choice of three swimming pools, an "adults-only" lounge pool and a relaxing plunge pool, together with sun loungers to laze away the days whilst topping up the tan. For those who want nothing more than the opportunity to relax, lie back and enjoy the sunshine, at both the pool and the beach guests are treated to a spoiling service by the beach and pool ambassadors who offer warm smiles, cool towels, beverages and frozen treats. Relaxation is also on offer at the Tamarind’s boutique spa where guests can indulge in a massage or one of the many other treatments that are available. The spa is also home to a range of beauty-type treatments – ideal for a special occasion.
For the fitness fanatic who doesn’t want to miss a workout, the Tamarind has a fully-equipped gym full of cardio machines and free weights. Use of the equipment is free.
Children are made to feel wanted here and have their own clubs. Younger guests have The Flying Fish Kids Club, which provides a wealth of fun activities and games. Young teenagers have the Club Tamarind which features a lounge with Wii game consoles and discos. Complimentary Wi-Fi and high speed internet service are available throughout the public areas of this beachfront property and also in all of the guest rooms.
Rilaks Deck is open from 11am until 5pm for Tapas and other light fare. It becomes a cocktail bar after 6pm when drinks and light meals are accompanied by jazz, soul and Caribbean music.
Sugar Cane Room
This venue serves breakfast and a traditional afternoon tea from its open air location.
246 Bar and Restaurant
This restaurant is situated right on the beach and serves meals from 11am to 9pm. The bar is open later.
Please note: Effective 1-Apr-19, the Barbados government has increased the mandatory room-rate levy to be applied to all hotels in Barbados and payable at the hotel on check-out. For guests staying at Tamarind by Elegant Hotels this fee is increasing from US$5.50 to US$9.63 per room per night for the duration of your stay.
Room pictures may differ from the actual room you receive. Hotel information contained in www.caribbeanclassics.co.uk is based on advice from the hotel proprietors concerned and was cleared for accuracy at the time of publication. Whilst every care is taken to ensure the accuracy of such information, the publishers and their staff and contributors can accept no responsibility for the consequences of any action based on information or advice contained herein.
The Tamarind’s 104 vibrant guest rooms are located throughout several Mediterranean-style buildings. This attractive, three-storey high accommodation does not have elevator access.
All rooms include the following standard amenities:
- Private balcony or patio
- En-suite facilities with bath/shower, hairdryer, toiletries
- Air conditioning
- Internet access
- Telephone, clock/radio/iPod dock
Guest rooms have been recently refurbished and are imaginatively styled with a Mediterranean/Caribbean combination of furniture and decor. Features include soothing pastels, sharp tropical colours and ultra-modern furniture.
Pool Garden View
These rooms have one king bed and a fold-out chair which would be suitable for a child. The balcony/patio provides views over the pool or gardens.
These rooms have one king bed and enjoy stunning views of the Caribbean Sea.
Ocean Front with Sleeper Chair
These rooms have one king bed and a fold-out chair which would be suitable for a child. The balcony/patio offers wonderful ocean views.
Junior Suite – Pool/ Garden View
These spacious rooms feature one king or two twin beds and a furnished sitting area with a sofa-bed. The patio/balcony has views over the pool/garden areas or the ocean.
Junior Suite – Ocean View
These spacious rooms feature one king or two twin beds and a furnished sitting area with a sofa-bed. The patio/balcony has expansive ocean views.
One Bedroom Suite – Pool/Garden View
These suites have a king bed in the bedroom and a sofa-bed in the separate, furnished living room. The patio/balcony overlooks the pool or tropical gardens.
One Bedroom Suite - Ocean View
These suites have a king bed or four-poster bed in the bedroom. The separate, furnished living room features a sofa-bed and balcony/patio with stunning views over the ocean.
"Simply Elegant" Wedding Package - prices from £595*
Wedding Package includes:
- Signature Welcome Cocktail upon Arrival
- Dedicated Services of Resort Wedding Coordinator
- Marriage License
- Private Roundtrip Transfers to Registration Office
- Officiating Ministerial Services
- Choice of Intimate Beachside or Garden Ceremony
- Best Man, Maid of Honour and Witness as Required
- Personalised Wedding Website and Gift Registry
- Two glasses of champagne to Toast the Ceremony
- Intimate breakfast-in-bed (which includes Mimosas)
* This wedding is FREE (not available during February) on stays of 7+ nights in an Ocean Front Room or higher. Please speak to a Caribbean Classics Wedding Co-ordinator for more details.
"Tropical Luxury" Wedding Package - prices from £995
Wedding Package includes everything in the "Simply Elegant" Wedding Package plus:
- Bottle of Champagne to Toast the Ceremony
- Single Tier 8” Plain Wedding Cake
- Elegant Nightly Turndown service
- Complimentary Room Upgrade as available at time of booking
- Complimentary guaranteed late checkout until 2:00 p.m.
- Tropical Floral Bouquet and Boutonniere
"Just The Two Of Us" Wedding Package - prices from £1,595
Wedding Package includes everything in the "Tropical Luxury" Wedding Package plus:
- One Hour Steel Pan music for Ceremony
- Private Beach Dinner Under the Stars
- Romantic Turndown service on night of Ceremony
- Signature Couples Massage (at Hotel Spa)
- Champagne Breakfast for Two on morning after Ceremony
- Personalised Wedding Gift