Colony Club by Elegant Hotels
St. James, Barbados
Book with confidence
customer service feedback
Read reviews >
Excellent Beach HotelTop 4% in city
Great Romantic HotelTop 11% in city
Great Wellness HotelTop 11% in city
Breakfast10/10Tasty breakfast.Excellent breakfast.
Comfort10/10Comfortable, quiet rooms.Very comfortable.
Location9.8/10Excellent location close to the beach.Terrific location.
Vibe9.6/10Awesome vibe.Awesome vibe.
Room9.6/10Clean rooms with nice bathrooms and beautiful views.Rooms are outstanding.
Amenities9.4/10Nice building.Excellent amenities.
Food9.2/10Menu is excellent with tasty food.Food is to die for.
Beach8.8/10Awesome beach and beach sports.Beach is lovely.
Service8.7/10Reception is decent, with overall friendly and professional service.Great service.
SAVE up to 40% + FREE kids
Book any room at Colony Club by Elegant Hotels for up to 40% discount on our room rates. In addition, any children (age 12 and under) stay FREE* when sharing the same room as parents.
- Book by 31 Jan 20 for travel up to 4 Jan 21.
- Minimum stay: 3-7 nights, depending on travel dates.
- These offers are subject to availability and blackout dates may apply.
- Any prices shown include all applicable discounts.
- * On Bed & Breakfast board basis - upgraded meal plans are not complimentary.
- Prices shown are per person, based on total occupancy including children as any applicable discounts are spread across all persons.
Enjoying a superb location in seven acres of landscaped gardens filled with the colour and fragrance of tropical flowers and palms, the Colony Club offers its guests luxury accommodation in an assortment of rooms and suites. The resort is fronted by one of the best beaches on the west coast of Barbados and is within a short drive from the island’s capital, Bridgetown.
From the beach guests at the Colony Club can swim in the warm waters of the Caribbean Sea or relax under a shady palm and develop their tan. Water sports are available and the resort offers complimentary gear for snorkelling, kayaking, sailing, windsurfing, boogie boards, and water-skiing. Newcomers to any of these activities can receive professional instruction at the resort’s Aqua School.
Away from the beach there are no less than four lagoon-type pools to choose from, all of them having adjacent areas for lounging with a drink or a holiday novel. At both the pool and the beach guests are treated to a spoiling service by the beach and pool ambassadors who offer warm smiles, cool towels, beverages and frozen treats.
If all this talk of relaxation makes you feel bored then there is a complimentary fitness room with a range of cardio equipment and weights to give you an invigorating workout. The tennis enthusiast will enjoy the floodlit tennis courts, both of them having hard surfaces.
Peace and quiet and an escape from the sun can be had in the hotel’s library which has a selection of board games and a computer that guests can use.
Holidays are a time when you deserve to indulge and pamper yourself and what better way is there than to partake of a spa and beauty treatment? The Colony Club provides a wide range of massage, facials and other spa treatments for both men and women from its extensive menu.
The scenery and climate of Barbados has made it a popular choice for a tropical wedding for many years. At the Colony Club there are experienced wedding planners who are able to take on the task of organising your wedding to your specifications, whether it is to be a beach or church venue.
The Laguna Restaurant
This is the hotel’s main restaurant serving complimentary daily breakfast as well as lunch and dinner each week. The cuisine is continental with seafood being a major part of the menus. Guests can enjoy wonderful views of the ocean and gardens from the open-air (covered) situation of the restaurant.
The Sunset Bar and Deck
Conveniently located on the pool deck, the Sunset Bar and Deck serves light fare and tropical drinks throughout the day. Pool users can simply swim up to the bar to place their orders. On three evenings during the week there are themed dining options, for example, a lobster and jazz evening.
The Planters Bar
This venue serves cocktails and drinks before dinner.
The hotel offers a "Dine Around" programme with 3 sister hotels on Barbados' West Coast and provides a complimentary water taxi service between hotels.
Guests who would prefer to eat in their rooms can take advantage of the in-room dining service which operates for almost 24 hours daily.
Please note: Effective 1-Apr-19, the Barbados government has increased the mandatory room-rate levy to be applied to all hotels in Barbados and payable at the hotel on check-out. For guests staying at Colony Club by Elegant Hotels this fee is increasing from US$10.00 to US$17.50 per room per night for the duration of your stay.
Room pictures may differ from the actual room you receive. Hotel information contained in www.caribbeanclassics.co.uk is based on advice from the hotel proprietors concerned and was cleared for accuracy at the time of publication. Whilst every care is taken to ensure the accuracy of such information, the publishers and their staff and contributors can accept no responsibility for the consequences of any action based on information or advice contained herein.
The Colony Club has 96 luxury guest rooms which are located in attractive buildings two or three storeys high. Please note that there is no elevator access.
All accommodation features the following standard amenities:
- En-suite marble bathroom with bath, shower, robes, hairdryer
- Private balcony or patio
- Tea/coffee making facilities
- Clock/radio/iPod dock
- Safe/iron/ironing board
- Air conditioning
The spacious guest rooms have a residential feel and feature comfortable seating areas and occasional furniture. Decor and furnishings are tasteful and highly specified, resulting in understated and elegant accommodation.
These rooms have one king or two twin beds and enjoy views of the pool/tropical gardens.
These rooms have one king or two twin beds and offer breathtaking views over the ocean.
These spacious rooms are set amidst tropical plantings and have one king or two twin beds. Guests can access the lagoon pool directly from their own private patio or balcony.
Luxury Ocean View
These rooms are located close to the beach and have one king bed. The private balcony/patio provides stunning panoramic views over the ocean.
Junior Suite – Pool/Garden View
These suites, with one king or two twin beds, look out onto lagoon pools and tropical gardens. Additional features include a comfortably furnished sitting area, with sofa bed and bar facilities, and an upgraded bathroom with sunken tub.
One Bedroom Suite – Ocean View
Upgraded amenities include a king size four poster bed and a separate, furnished living/dining area with sofa-bed. Guests can enjoy magnificent ocean views from their partially covered furnished patio.
"Simply Elegant" Wedding Package - prices from £595*
Wedding Package includes:
- Services of the Resort's Wedding Coordinator
- Couple's Marriage Licence Registration Fee
- Round-Trip Transportation to the Registration Office
- Officiating Services by a Minister
- Choice of Intimate Beachside or Garden Ceremony Location
- Classic Floral Bouquet & Boutonniere**
- Best Man, Maid of Honour & Witnesses as Required
- Bottle of Champagne to Toast the Ceremony
- An Elegant Single-tier Wedding Cake**
- Welcome Cocktail upon Arrival
- A Personalised Wedding Website & Gift Registry
- Intimate Breakfast-in-Bed, for the Morning following the Ceremony Includes Choice of Breakfast accompanied by Mimosas
- Pre-booked Oceanside Table Reservation at our Restaurant on Wedding Night or other night of your choosing (meal cost not included in price)
* This wedding is FREE year-round with the exception of February and the Festive season on stays of 8+ nights in an Ocean View Room or 10+ nights in a Luxury Poolside Room. Please speak to a Caribbean Classics Wedding Co-ordinator for more details.
** Can be further enhanced at additional cost.
"Beautiful Bliss" Wedding Package - prices from £995
Wedding Package includes everything in the "Simply Elegant" Wedding Package plus:
- Complimentary Room Upgrade (subject to availability at time of booking)
- Decorated Arch, with a Choice of Five Colour Schemes**
- Access to Elegant Elite, a Dedicated Pre-Arrival Service Team
- Elegant Nightly Turndown Service (with Wedding Night Room Decoration)
- Upgrade to an Exquisitely Decorated, Two-tier Wedding Cake
- Bottle of Champagne Presented upon arrival
- Complimentary Stocked Mini-Bar for arrival
- 30 Minute Cocktail party for up to 8 guests, including Rum Punch and Resort's Signature Cocktail
** Can be further enhanced at additional cost.
"Perfect Indulgence" Wedding Package - prices from £1,595
Wedding Package includes everything in the "Beautiful Bliss" Wedding Package plus:
- Tropical Fruit Amenity upon arrival
- Elegant Elite's Premier Arrival Service (including Airport Escort Service) & Luxury Transfers to the Resort**
- Bridal Hair & Makeup Services plus Groom’s Barbering Service
- 1-hour Couples Massage (or separate treatments as desired)
- Photographer Package, including a 5” x 7” Wedding Photo**
- Decorated table setup for 8 guests with a specialised centrepiece
** Can be further enhanced at additional cost.
"Tropical Luxury" Wedding Package - prices from £2,195
Wedding Package includes everything in the "Perfect Indulgence" Wedding Package plus:
- Private Beachside Candlelit Dinner for Two, including Bottle of House or Sparkling Wine
- Gift of Two Plush Resort Bathrobes
- Petal-strewn Aisle for Ceremony
- Two Floral Pedestals
- Guaranteed Late Checkout until 2pm
- Romantic Turndown Service on Arrival Night, including Champagne and Flowers
- 10% Discount on Resort's Spa services for up to 6 guests